-->

Thursday, March 6, 2014

More than four reasons why The Fab Four is timelessly fabulous




I live in the time where girls are screaming for cutiepie singers who dont actually sing nor make music. I cant play any music instruments, but I can feel which musicians that treat music as music and those who dont. Your works won’t lie.

Knowing that most (not all, yah..) women can do better seeing rather than listening, music producers always bring in and out new cute faces from time to time, like when I was in the elementary school, they brought Backstreet Boys, Westlife and now... Justin Bieber. Worst? Not yet. I dont know about other country, but in my country now, every girl I know must at least enjoy ‘bands’ of ‘boys’ with crazy hairstyles (that must cost higher than my hair treatment, while I am a woman) that sing while dancing TOGETHER and rarely perform live performance (of singing). 

Thankfully, my brother had doctrinized me with music of the legendary R.I.Ps  of music history since I was so young, even to pronounce and understand English words they used. But I’ve been accustomed to the melody, so I know which music I can/ will enjoy. Later, after learning English language, I’d been more amazed with the strengh and thoughfulness of their lyrics. This is why I am never in the same fans club with my friends. They can call me vintage, but once you’ve tasted the best, it’s hard to downgrade.

I cant lie that The Beatles ranks nomero uno in my heart. I can’t find one thing that makes this band not interesting. From every aspect, they have something that makes us want to dig about them more and more, even for their imperfection. 

God must love The Beatles so much and  too much. How come He gave too many talented people for one group! Usually, most band only have one oustanding member, not three! *sorry Ringo, I still like you though.

The music they produced is timeless. I was born 40 years after the group established, but I choose to listen to them rather than what today’s billboards told me. Do we still need other proof?? Well, someday I’ll play their songs to my future kids, then we’ll have more proofs.

To date, the Beatles have sold over 1 billion records. One billion. BILLION.

It is not only their music that timeless, but also their lyrics. And that is one of many ways that they keep fame. The Beatles has inspiring lyrics that make people re-evaulate their lives, and gave a peaceful way of listening. Till today they are still the best songwriting team ever existed. They make the songs that speak for their selves, self-explanatory. 

They made the songs that you never get tired of listening to. And most importantly, their songs always deliver. Their lyrics are not only about love, but also friendship, self-identity, history of the world, past and many other thoughtful themes. The songs of The Beatles always set off emotions in the listeners, whether they're sadness or happiness, sorrow or joy. Listening to their lyrics giggles me, it makes me wants to dig about the story behind every song. 

Doesnt stop there, these boys got the attitude. I watched and listened to their interviews, I like the way they responded to their fame. Their answers are as joyously thoughtful as their lyrics. Even with the “more popular than Jesus” thing, I still love them. 

Moreover, each personality of the member is different and interesting. It’s like the whole packgage of boys you’d love. There’s McCartney the genius-who-knows-he’s-genius perfectionist, Lennon the rebellious dreamer (and not the only one), Harrison.. oh, he’s my favorite! And the bad boy Ringo Starr. 

They experimented with music. If you listen from album to album, you’ll see how each album input other influences, this makes them always fresh from album to album. They’re not only making art with music, but also with the album covers, many of their album covers made history.
Most importantly, listening and reading about The Beatles are like learning about history. Because they didn’t only revolutionize music, but also culture. Even from their fashion that periodically changed, we can learn many things. 

I personally learnt English from many of The Beatles’ song. My junior school english teacher was the first who introduced Beatles for English teaching to me. I really enjoyed it as a kid because I liked the music and some of the songs are like story-telling, like Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da. I also like the way they play with words, like the tittle of Please, PLEASE me, that often misunderstood into “Please-please me”.

And as a normal female human being, I cant help to admit that, yeah, they’ve got the look. When they’re young.

It’s impossible to sum up The Beatles in just one writing, you need to look this up for yourself, man. One thing for sure, nothing and no one can beat the beat of The Beatles, yowh!

He's a real nowhere man
Sitting in his nowhere land
Making all his nowhere plans for nobody

Doesn't have a point of view
Knows not where he's going to
Isn't he a bit like you and me?
--Nowhere Man—

1 comment:

any comments from u would be very delighted! keep reading my blog and thank u for visiting :)